11 Easy Activities To Do When Chronically Ill –
Hobbies For Chronically Ill
When faced with a chronic illness or a chronic pain condition often means we will spend many days at home. Without something to keep us entertained or distracted, the walls seem to start closing in on us. Below you will find a list of 11 easy activities to do when chronically ill.
- Subscribe to Netflix or Hulu to watch a season of a TV series that you had always wanted to see. You could also watch old movies or re-watch some of your favorite movies.
- Play online games – There are tons of free online games out there, find one that you enjoy.
- Read a book – You can have instant access if you have a smart phone or tablet, download the Kindle or iBooks app. There are lots of free books you can download. Sometimes you even have the option to listen to the book or you can find books on CD for those times you would rather listen than read.
- Open up a Pinterest account and start pinning away. Pinterest allows you to create collections of your favorite ideas on different boards. We love Pinterest! You can find us at The Unbroken Smile.
- Find a hobby you enjoy or try something you have always wanted to do – Adult coloring books, sewing, painting, photography, playing an instrument, learn a new language, etc.
- Create a playlist for your go to music or if you already have one, add music to your playlist. Create a few playlists to go with your mood, maybe adding an inspirational list for those days you need a pick me up. Amazon Prime Music has a free 30 day trial going on and they have a wide variety of music.
- Call an old friend or a family member you haven’t spoken with for a while and catch up with them. If you don’t want to call them write an email, send a thinking of you card, or a letter to them.
- Sit outside for a while get some fresh air and some sunshine.
- Try a new recipe – There are tons of recipes online, anything from desserts to main dishes.
- Create online photo albums of all your digital prints with Shutterfly.com, Snapfish.com, or any other online photo service. These can be shipped right to your house. I have used Walgreen’s photo. They offer a ton of photo options and they seem to always have online coupons/codes which makes it very inexpensive and the quality is great.
- Write short stories or articles for us 🙂 The Unbroken Smile is always looking for guest authors that can share their stories or write articles that they have had experience with. If you are a fellow chronic pain warrior and interested in writing email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Although we may not be able to do all the things we used to, we can still find enjoyable activities to do when chronically ill or with a chronic pain condition. The possibilities are endless, you will just need to find hobbies that appeal to you and then cater them to fit your illness or pain level.
What hobbies have you found and how have you catered them to your pain level or illness? Please leave us a comment below