How A Friend With Chronic Pain Can Inspire You | Things You Can Learn From Someone With A Chronic Illness
How A Friend With Chronic Pain Can Inspire You | Things You Can Learn From Someone With A Chronic Illness – Do you know someone with chronic pain or a chronic illness? If you answered yes, you have probably have been inspired by them at some point and wondered how they continue to do what they do every day. Here are 7 things my chronic illness has taught me that I want my family and friends to know and truly understand about life.
How A Friend With Chronic Pain Can Inspire You | Things You Can Learn From Someone With A Chronic Illness:
- Don’t Take Life For Granted – Slow down and enjoy the moment, everything can change drastically at any given moment. Embrace life to its fullest! Take that trip, take more photos, make life your adventure.
- Enjoy Every Day (Good or Bad) – Somethings are out of your control and you need to roll with it. Don’t wish your days away and on those specifically bad days, try to find at least one positive thing that happened.
- Appreciate Your True Friends and Family – Spend time with them and make them a priority. Stop saying “When things calm down, I would love to see you” do it now! Spend time with the people who make you happy!
- Count Your Blessings – No matter how small, appreciate the things you have. We tend to look at the things we don’t have, thinking once we achieve them we will then be happy. The truth is, we need to find small reasons to be happy now!
- Be Thankful You Can Work – Whether you work inside or outside of the home or you CHOOSE not to work, be thankful you physically can work if you need to. Those of us that can no longer work feel a sense of guilt not being able to contribute towards finances and some of us would give anything to be able to complain about how crappy our job is.
- Stronger Than We Know – Our body is one tough machine and can endure so much. Deep down inside, there is always something that can push us and continue to guide us no matter what we may be going through.
- Your Health Is The Most Important Thing – Take care of yourself! Self-Care, the two words that mean so much, yet we seem to always put every thing and everyone elses needs in front of our own! In this crazy busy world we forget we need to take care of our self, both physically and emotionally. Put your health first and don’t feel guilty about doing so!
Do you have a friend of family member with chronic pain or chronic illness? What have they taught you or how have they inspired you?
Do you know someone who would like “How A Friend With Chronic Pain Can Inspire You | Things You Can Learn From Someone With A Chronic Illness” Please share it with them. Thanks!